My assignment, should I choose to accept it, is to make a recipe from ShugarySweets.com — I can copy it word for word, ingredient for ingredient, or I can nudge it in the direction of gluten-free or low-fat, if that strikes my fancy.
After all, the only rules at the Secret Recipe Club are to find a recipe from your assigned site, make it (on the down low (quiet-like)), then post your experiences and photos to share it with the world!
One of my favourite things about this recipe (aside from the fact that it’s for seriously YUMMY cookies) is the simplicity of it. One cup of this, a tablespoon of that…not a half measure in the bunch (except for the baking soda, but I’ll let that one go). In fact the only change I made to Aimee’s recipe was to reduce the milk chocolate chips to 1 cup from 1 1/4 cups — partly because I appreciate the aesthetic simplicity of a recipe with whole cups, but mostly because my chocolate chip stash was pretty low.
(Click on the title below for a printable version of the recipe.)
: Soft, chewy cookies filled with big chocolate and toffee flavour!
- Butter, softened – 1 Cup
- Granulated Sugar – 1 Cup
- Brown Sugar – 1 Cup
- Eggs – 2
- Vanilla Extract – 1 Tbsp
- A.P. Flour – 2 Cups
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Quick Oats – 1 Cup
- Puffed Rice Cereal – 1 Cup
- Milk Chocolate Chips – 1 Cup
- Mini Marshmallows – 1 Cup
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment or silpat.
- Beat butter with sugars. Add eggs one at a time, then add vanilla. Beat in flour, baking soda and baking powder. Fold in oats, cereal, morsels and marshmallows.
- Drop by 1-2 Tbsp onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Line your baking sheets with parchment or silpat. You`ll be sorry if you don`t – the marshmallows will stick and you`ll have a major cleanup project on your hands.
- Don`t try to make GIANT cookies with this batter — it spreads in the oven, leaving you with big, crispy cookies instead of little, chewy ones. Chewy (in this case) is so much better…
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): about 3 dozen cookies
Copyright © © 2009-2011 Island Vittles/Theresa Carle-Sanders. All rights reserved. Don’t Steal — Karma’s Real.