Garlic Shrimp on Ginger Scallion Rice for Sunday Lunch

Garlic Shrimp on Ginger Scallion Rice for Sunday Lunch

Slow Eats, FAST, Sunday Lunch/Daily Dinners

This was originally going to be a Slow Eats, FAST post.  And in truth, we had this for dinner on a Thursday, not for lunch on a Sunday.  Yet despite the fact that both Howard and I were happily content with this seemingly small bowl of steamed rice topped with prawns/shrimp, I became insurmountably concerned that many of you wouldn’t consider this to be a complete dinner.

And so I acquiesced to my concerns and relegated this filling, aromatic and deliciously satisfying dinner to lunch status.  I’ll continue to wrestle with this decision cop-out while the rest of you move on to the next page, and the quick story about how this dish came together.

shrimp-and-ginger-scallion-riceTHIS RECIPE HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM ISLANDVITTLES.COM, AS IT IS PUBLISHED IN MY E-COOKBOOK, SLOW EATS, FAST, AVAILABLE ON AMAZON.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

January 23, 2011 at 9:26 am

Mixing is a good compromise! While I want to say I go brown rice b/c it’s healthier, white rice still is the comfort food. I love the ginger scallion! Can I stop by??

January 23, 2011 at 10:50 am

You’re welcome anytime Belinda! When you get to Vancouver, just take a left…

2. ProChef360
    January 23, 2011 at 9:26 am

Looks delicious. The rices seems to be extremely fluffy.

Matthew

January 23, 2011 at 10:48 am

Thanks Matthew — the ginger-scallion sauce makes it really flavourful too!

3. Susan
    January 23, 2011 at 10:57 am

Thank you Theresa – We will be having that for dinner TONIGHT and perhaps tomorrow too ! Maybe everyday as long as my stash of shrimp holds out :)

4. fooddreamer
    January 23, 2011 at 1:17 pm

Lunch or dinner, it looks delicious. Flavourful and healthy, and filling too. And a beautiful picture to accompany it!

5. Claudia
    January 23, 2011 at 3:59 pm

I love that you wound with the biggest bowl of aromatics ever! Heavenly and can be added everywhere. I also think – yes, this is so dinner. We switched to brown rice a few years ago – but there are some dishes that beg for white. I like the compromise.

6. Stephanie @ okie dokie artichokie
    January 24, 2011 at 7:54 am

Wow. Theresa, you’ve really outdone yourself this time. LOL. This looks so delicious, I want to jump through my computer and into that big bowl of ultra-yum! Yes, that ginger-scallion sauce looks TO DIE FOR. I want to slather myself in it. :-p I know I’m weird. But, seriously, that looks so good. Can you come over with some? Thanks. :-p

7. Trix
    January 25, 2011 at 12:14 pm

This is definitely dinner worthy!! Or lunch. I love that big-bowl-o-aromatics, must must must make.

8. Mary Moh
    January 27, 2011 at 3:18 am

Mmmm…I love this rice. I’m eyeing at those prawns there…my great favourite! :D

9. bethviola
    January 29, 2011 at 3:47 pm

i found the picture of this on tastespotting earlier today and on a whim made it tonight. my husband said it was the best shrimp he can remember having in a long time. we loved it and wolfed it down. i can’t wait to keep making this over and over! thanks for the great recipe!

January 29, 2011 at 4:37 pm

I’m so glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for letting me know! theresa