Preserved tangerines are not as common as lemons and limes. For that reason I’m the most curious and excited to discover what they’ll taste like. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not ambivalent about the Meyer lemons with juniper or the sweet limes with bay leaf & peppercorns by any means! I will be doing a lot of preserved citrus experimenting in the next few months…
To learn how to salt preserve lemon, limes and oranges go here.
- lamb coconut curry with preserved tangerine
- preserved tangerine and fennel compound butter for beef
- salt-cured tangerine aioli for yam fries
- after dinner brandy infused with tangerine and star anise
- cured tangerine scented quinoa
- salted tangerine and red pepper chutney
What did you come up with?